VALID USA COVID-19 UPDATE CENTER
Client and Supplier Partner Information
Valid USA, Inc. is closely monitoring the latest information about COVID-19 and has implemented a series of measures to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and preserve our ability to operate. We continue to act in accordance with our Business Continuity Plan and are being proactive in our approach to anticipate future impacts. As the global situation with COVID-19 steadily improves, we will be changing the frequency of our weekly communication to every other week and will continue to relay updates regarding our workforce, production facilities, supply chain & logistics, and any other relevant information. Please contact only your Valid Customer Service Manager or Sales Account Manager to request additional information.
Valid USA COVID-19 Response:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are your production facilities still operational?
Yes, all of our USA production facilities remain operational and continue to operate in compliance with State orders.
On June 9th, a 1st shift employee from our Marmon facility located in Bolingbrook, IL tested positive for COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution to our employees, we closed down the EMV department at our facility for the rest of the day for a professional deep cleaning. All other departments continued production as scheduled. Production for EMV 1st shift has been suspended for the remainder of the week and is anticipated to resume Monday, June 15th. On June 10th, we resumed production on EMV 2nd shift. 2nd shift will be on alternative shifts for the remainder of this week.
Within the last week, we learned two additional employees from 1st and 2nd shift at our Marmon facility tested positive for COVID-19. Operations were not impacted by these cases as the employees had been out of the plant for 6 days prior to receiving positive test results and our weekly scheduled deep cleanings had already occurred.Valid takes this situation very seriously and continues to implement measures to protect the health and safety of our employees. We will continue to ask our employees to self-monitor for symptoms and perform temperature checks prior to their arrival at our facilities.
2. What precautions have you taken to contain any potential spread of COVID-19 throughout your facilities?
Valid has been proactive in protecting our employees through the required use of face masks, implementing staggered shifts, and enforcing social distancing measures in common areas such as breakrooms and lunchrooms. These measures meet or exceed state requirements as outlined in Illinois' updated Stay at Home order effective May 1st. We are continuously updating our employees with information from the CDC and local health departments.
As the global COVID-19 situation continues to steadily improve, Valid’s management team has made the decision to remove the required use of Nitrile Gloves from the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Policy. Valid will continue to supply Nitrile Gloves to employees for optional use.
Effective March 16th, Valid USA employees who have the ability to work remotely have been instructed to do so until further notice. For our on-site production employees, we have taken several steps to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Informed employees about COVID-19 impact and proper hygiene precautions as recommended by the CDC.
- Created Valid COVID-19 Health Hotline.
- Implemented COVID-19 Special Sick Leave Policy.
- Implemented special considerations concerning the attendance of high risk individuals.
- Increased cleaning procedures in common / high traffic areas.
- Sanitizing Agency, Temporary and Visitor badges daily while minimizing the handling of badges through security pass-through windows.
- Supplied appropriate sanitizing and cleaning agents throughout our facilities, with more on order.
- Optional use of Nitrile gloves in all production areas but continue to be made available to all employees.
- Distributed individual forehead thermometers to all employees. Employees are required to self-monitor their temperatures on a daily basis prior to reporting to work. Employees with temperatures of 100°F or higher are required to stay home, contact the Valid COVID-19 Health Hotline and the Attendance Hotline.
- Distributed reusable face masks to all employees.
- Implemented social distancing in production areas through separation of production employees, where possible.
- Implemented social distancing in common areas by spacing seating in lunchroom.
- Implemented additional safeguards in common areas by changing / assigning staggered break and lunch times to employees.
- Discontinued use of time clocks to remove a common touch point of many employees.
- Implemented Visitor / Vendor registration process that includes medical and travel questions, advance notice of visit, and multiple levels of approval. Visitors and Vendors are required to wear gloves and take temperatures upon arrival to our facilities.
- Limited on-site interviews for open positions to reduce foot traffic in our facilities.
- Limited access and the number of employees in meetings, offices and conference rooms at our production facilities.
- Limited number of employees in production areas – non-essential employees required to work from home to reduce individuals in the production facilities.
- We have implemented a Temporary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Policy effective Wednesday, April 15th at all of our operating facilities until further notice. This policy requires all employees to use face masks, with exceptions for non-use during scheduled break or meal times, medical conditions and safety issues.
To protect the health and safety of all Valid employees, we continue to require all employees who have been exposed to confirmed or highly suspected cases of COVID-19 in their immediate household to self-quarantine in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the CDC and the World Health Organization.
3. What logistics impacts are you seeing with shipments around the world at this time? International air freight capacity has been reduced significantly since the onset of COVID-19 but we are beginning to see some recovery as global conditions continue to improve overall.
4. Do you have any impact from your suppliers to produce materials?
Our procurement team has been actively engaged with our key suppliers to understand any impact. Given the global nature of our business, we have taken immediate steps to mitigate the impact on our supply chain. This includes the reduction of modules and inlays purchased from highly affected regions and execution of existing back-up plans. All orders are still anticipated to ship per usual. Potential business impacts or delays will be communicated by your Customer Service Manager or Sales Account Manager. For new orders, please confirm lead times in advance with your Valid representative/s instead of assuming a normal schedule.
5. Does Valid have formal documentation in place regarding business continuity?
Yes, we are acting in accordance with our Disaster Recovery, Pandemic Preparedness, and Business Continuity Plans. For specific details, please contact your Valid Customer Service Manager or Sales Account Manager.
6. Has Your Business Continuity Plan been previously tested?
Valid conducts an annual test of the Business Continuity Plan.
7. What are your visitor policies during the COVID-19 situation?
Until further notice, our Lisle, IL, Fort Wayne, IN and Woodland Hills, CA offices are not accepting any visitors as they are closed. For all other facilities, visitors are only accepted when they are deemed business-critical. Visitors must complete our Visitor Request Form at least 72 hours prior to their arrival. Please contact your Valid Customer Service Manager or Sales Account Manager for more information.
8. How do you plan to continue to provide services to clients? How often will updates be provided? At this time, Valid representatives are able to provide normal services to our clients. We will continue to notify our clients on a weekly basis regarding the COVID-19 situation through our Corporate email address, email@example.com. Any time we have an update or significant changes to our supply chain or facility production, we will notify all clients in a timely manner.